Husqvarna 1930 “Model 190” 546 cc sv V-twin frame # 213060 engine # 4243
The Husqvarna Vapenfabrik (Husqvarna weapons factory) was founded in 1689 in the town of Huskvarna to produce muskets for the Swedish military.
The company started to produce bicycles at the end of the 19th century and the first motorcycles left the factory in 1903.
The first models were equipped with engines from FN and Moto- Rêve.
In 1919 the factory brought out its own V-twin engined model, the 546 cc model 150.
This model was developed via 160,170, 180, 190, 200 and 210. By the end of the twenties the model had got at the end of its development life.
Husqvarna then turned to a “British line” with JAP and Sturmey Archer engined machines.
Next to these machines several models were produced with single cylinder and V-twin Husqvarna engines.
Prewar motorcycle production ended around 1935, after the war the focus would be on two stroke engined machines.
Around 1921 the 994 cc “ Model 500” was brought out, which was superseded by the “600” in 1926. These V-twins were well-received quality products that had design features in common with the American V-twins that were very popular at the time in Sweden.
The “190” was built between 1928 and 1930 and differed only in detail from its forerunner, the “180”: the power output was raised to 15 HP @ 4200 rpm, the pistons were changed to aluminium ones and the cycle parts were made more sturdy.
The engine is lubricated by a gear driven Best & Lloyd pump and the machine has 3,25x19 wheel rims.
There are two independent brakes both working on the rear wheel, one internal expanding and the other with contracting band.
This Model 190 has been restored a number of years ago and comes complete with full “ Bosch” electric lighting.