AJS 1921 7 HP“Model D” sidecar combination 799 cc side valve V-twin frame & engine & gearbox # 15304
Already in the years before 1920 A.J. Stevens & Co. were major motorcycle manufacturers.
Their first V-twin had been introduced in 1912 and was a very successful model, especially for sidecar use.
At the 1919 Olympia Show a new 6 HP model was introduced.
Its features included a new type of saddle tank, interchangeable and quickly detachable wheels with internal expanding brakes, specially sprung comfortable saddle, footboards with rubber mats, rear stand operated by hand lever and big size aluminium exhaust damper, placed under the front of the engine.
For 1921 a number of improvements were announced: the engine performance was enhanced to 7 HP (799 cc) with bore x stroke dimensions of 74×93 mm.
The big ends were fitted with roller bearings instead of bronze bushes and better cooling was effected by additional and deeper radiating fins on cylinders and heads.
The machine we offer here is a fresh restoration and has always been fitted with a sidecar: the original sidecar comes with the machine and has been partly restored already.
The lubrication system has been improved by the fitting of an external oil pump.
This mighty AJS comes complete with Lucas electric lighting system and electric horn.