Ariel 1928 “Model B” 557 cc side valve single frame# W 10023 engine # W 9896
The new line of Ariels, introduced at the end of 1925 and designed by engineering genius Val Page, had been an instant success.
Not so much because of its technical innovations, but mostly for its very attractive styling: lower saddle position, shortened wheel base and high saddle tank.
Victor Mole was the new man in charge of sales at the Ariel works and he designed the new eye-catching emblem of the Ariel horse and coined the advertising slogan “Ariel, the Modern Motor Cycle”. Within a few years Ariel sales and profits rocketed.
In 1927 sales were ten times as high as the 1925 sales before the introduction of the new line of machines.
New features for 1928 included redesigned frames on all models and Brooklands-type fishtail silencers.
This example, the Touring version of the side valve range, has been restored with care and runs very well.
It comes complete with electric lighting, speedometer and period leather pannier bags.