BSA 1914 model “H” 557 cc side valve single frame # 12138 engine # 6506/ 14 4hp
BSA entered the motor cycle market with a sturdy 3 ½ HP belt driven single geared machine, that was displayed at the 1910 Olympia show.
It was constructed almost entirely from BSA- made components and was produced from the company’s Redditch factory.
Within six months from their launching, BSA’s were selling well.
The machines were easily distinguishable among rival makes by their yellow and green painted tanks.
For 1914 there was a choice between the 85×88 3 ½ HP model and the 85×98 4 HP model. This latter machine was offered as being especially suitable for sidecar work.
It also had a newly developed three speed BSA gearbox with foot controlled clutch and a double barrel BSA carburettor.
Both models could be had with all chain drive with encased chains as model “H ”or with chain-cum-belt transmission as model “K” .
This practical veteran BSA is a well-sorted older restoration and comes complete with Pioneer Certificate.