BSA 1923 “ Model F” 8 HP 986cc V-twin combination frame# M 2202 engine # 147
BSA’s first V-twin was the Model A and it was primarily intended as a sidecar machine.
It was introduced for the 1920 season and remained in production for about 3 years.
A larger, 986cc version debuted as the Model F in 1922 and would continue in production as the Model G, regularly revised and updated, until 1940.
The 80×99 bore x stroke engine has the cylinders set at a 50 degree angle.
The valves are interchangeable,with quickly adjustable tappets.
The constant loss lubrication system employs a mechanical pump with an emergency hand pump.
Primary and secondary transmission is by chain. Both chains are enclosed in beautiful cast aluminium cases, with BSA’s own design of shock absorber on the engine shaft.
Wheels are quickly detachable and interchangeable.
The gearbox is BSA’s own three speed design.
This very practical vintage touring BSA has been restored a considerable number of years ago and will need some cosmetic work, mainly on the sidecar body.
The continuation logbook issued in 1965 notes that the machine was last licensed in 1927.