Condor 1930 500 cc Inlet over exhaust MAG “Populaire 322” frame# 63357 engine 1 C 9 K 8 601549
Condor, based in Courfaivre, was together with Motosacoche the leading motorcycle manufacturer of Switzerland..
The company started making bicycles in 1893. Founders were Eduard and Jules Scheffer.
Responsible for the motorcycle side of the company was
Otto Fricker, who became the son in law of Eduard Scheffer.
Fricker produced his first motorcycle in 1901.
Condor used a number of different engines: in the beginning mainly Zedel, Motosacoche and Moser and later also Villiers.
In the later twenties and early thirties Condor was a very active competitor in races and many successes were recorded.
After world war two Condor built mainly machines for the Swiss army; the 578 cc and later the 750 cc side valve transverse twin with shaft drive were well known machines.
This particular Condor is a good runner and equipped with the 500 cc inlet over exhaus MAG engine, Bosch lighting set and is an old patinated restoration .
According to the Condor register this machine left the Condor works on February 1930.