Ducati 1960 TS175 175cc 1 cyl ohc 2812
Ducati 1960 TS 175 “Turismo Speciale” 175 cc OHC single frame # MD 54339 engine # MD 54330
In 1926 an Italian named Antonio Cavalieri Ducati and his three sons founded a company in the name of Società Scientifica Radio Brevetti Ducati in Bologna to produce vacuum tubes, condensers and other radio components.
The family built Ducati into a reasonably successful business.
Heading into the second world war, the company maintained production despite the factory being a repeated target of allied bombing.
The first Ducati motorcycle was a 48 cc bike weighing 44 kg, with a top speed of 64 km/h.
In the 1950s Ducati was split into two entities, Ducati Meccanica SpA and Ducati Elettronica, in acknowledgment of its diverging motorcycle and electronics product lines.
The TS 175 was the first Ducati production machine with the single overhead cam.
It was produced between 1958 and 1962. Its 175 cc engine with overhead camshaft has bore x stroke dimensions of 62 x 57.8 mm and a compression ratio of 7:1. It produces 11hp @7,500 rpm. Dry weight is 98.5 kg and the bike can reach a top speed of 118 km.
This light and agile sports machine has been restored impeccably.