Harley-Davidson 1920 Model “F” 989 cc IOE V-twin combination engine # 20 T 13693
In April 1920 the new Juneau Avenue factory building was completed. This made HD the largest motorcycle factory in the world with 2,400 employees and established dealerships in 67 countries; 50,000 people were subscribers to The Enthusiast magazine. Harley-Davidsons were fast becoming famous for their power, comfort and reliability: there would be an increase of 5,000 % in sales this year. The twin could be ordered with magneto ignition (“F”) or battery and coil ignition (“J”). More than 7,500 Model F’s would be delivered to customers during 1920. The engine delivered 17 HP @ approx. 3,200 rpm. The OHV inlet, side valve exhaust concept was used till 1930, when HD chose the full side valve engine concept. The well-restored specimen we offer here has been restored in the eighties and has seen little use since. She comes with Bosch magneto and acetylene front lamp.