Imperia 1933 racer Rudge Python 4 valve ohv single frame# 40649 engine # 2793
The company was formed in 1924 in Cologne under the name „Kölner Motorrad- und Maschinenbau Dr. Franz Becker“ (K.M.B.).
One year later the „Imperia“ name was first used and in 1926 the company was bought by Rolf Schrödter, who moved the production facilities to Bad Godesberg.
Imperia had gained a good reputation in the first years of its existence, the make built sporty machines with engines from MAG, JAP, Blackburne and Bradshaw.
Imeria machines won many races and sales were good. In the late twenties the „500 Sport“ with an output of more than 20 HP was a very successful model.
In 1933 a racing model with Python four valve engine was marketed and many victories were gained in races.
When the Nazis put very high import taxes on foreign engines Imperia had to look for German-built power sources but this proved unsuccessful.
In 1935 Imperia motorcycle production was ended.