Magnat – Debon c. 1927 2 HP “LMP” 174 cc two stroke single frame # 50883
In the year 1900 Joseph Magnat and Louis Debon founded a firm in Grenoble with the aim to produce bicycles.
In 1902 their first De Dion-Bouton powered motorcycle saw the light of day.
In the years before the first world war the firm prospered: the machines had many novel features such a telescopic front suspension and overhead valves.
Both founders died at the end of the war and in the early twenties the company got into financial problems.
In 1922 it was taken over by the Terrot company.
For a number of years the machines of Terrot and Magnat-Debon kept their own identities so separate agencies could be kept and in the market the two makes operated as separate companies. From 1929 on the machines were practically identical.
In the late twenties Magnat-Debon produced two stroke machines in capacities of 174 and 247 cc.
This excellently-restored two port “Tourisme Standard” is fitted with a 2-speed gearbox and 24 x 2.25 tyres.
A lightweight and economical vintage machine that is well-suited for vintage club runs.