Magnat Debon 1929 BST 350cc 1 cyl ohv 2711
Magnat Debon ca. 1929 “BST” 350 cc side valve frame#127046 engine # 90578.M
In Grenoble in the year 1900 Joseph Magnat and Louis Debon founded a firm that started to produce bicycles. In 1902 the first motorcycle was produced, equipped with a De Dion Bouton engine. In the years before the first world war the firm prospered: the machines had many novel features such a telescopic front suspension and overhead valves. Both founders died at the end of the war and in the early twenties the company got into financial problems.
In 1922 the firm was taken over by the Terrot company.
For a number of years the machines of Terrot and Magnat Debon kept their own identities: the Magnat Debons were mostly equipped with English Blackburne engines while some of the the Terrots had JAPs.
In this way separate agencies could be kept and in the market the two makes operated as separate companies.
From 1929 on the machines were practically identical, including the sturdy and reliable 70 x 90 mm side valve power source of Terrot’s own manufacture.
This machine has been restored some time ago.
It is equipped with electric lighting and it is in good overall condition.