Rhony ‘ X 1924 “Type C” 184 cc two stroke frame and engine # 110
This make existed for a relative short period only.
Initially the company hailed from the village of Bron, ( Rhône), later on it moved to nearby Lyon.
The first models, made in 1924, had two stroke engines with outside flywheel.
They were made in four types: Type A was a “monovitesse” , Type B had two speeds with chain-cum-belt transmission, Type C had primary and secondary chains and Type D was a more powerful 250 cc model.
In later years also JAP and Chaise engines were employed, as well as their own “Stainless” unit construction engines.
|The brakes for the bigger machines were made by the firm of AYA in Saint Etienne, which also produced brakes for makes like Styl’son and New Map.
Production stopped in the thirties.
This early production model has been restored some time ago; the magneto is a rewound Magneto France.