New Imperial 1932 350 cc ohv “ Model 15” frame# 02/ 18591/ 15 engine # 92/ 263420
After a rather unsuccessful attempt to enter the motorcycle market under the name “ Imperial” in 1901, the company made a serious comeback in 1910 under the name “ New Imperial” and managed to stay in business till 1939.
At first only a few models were offered, 293 cc side valve single and 8 hp twins, all with JAP engines.
New Imps got the image of “middle of the road” machines, offering good value for money. In the early twenties the company, based in Hall Green, Birmingham, became more and more active in racing and year by year more models were marketed, to expand the market share in the years in which competition between motorcycle manufacturers was fierce.
Till 1926 JAP proprietary engines were used, after that their own engines were built in. In 1927 some 19 different models were available.
In the early thirties the model range was shrunk.
This interesting OHV machine is equipped with battery and coil ignition and has been in The Netherlands from new.
It has never been restored and comes with interesting pre-war documents such as driving licences and tax receipt.
The original tyre pump and tools are still with it.