Premier 1912 249cc 2½ HP.
The firm of Hillman, Herbert and Cooper changed their name in “Premier Cycle Company” in 1891.
Before that year bicycles had already been produced, and also after 1891 this stayed their core business.
Only in 1908 motorcycles were added to the programme.
They were equipped with White and Pope engines and Chater Lea forks.
This Premier lightweight was completely produced in the Premier Works, and excells in its fine workmanship.
The machine has been fully restored and features 26”x2” tyres, toolbags, Brooks saddle, acetylene lighting, bulb horn, petrol level indicator and hand oil pump.
A Brown & Barlow carburettor feeds the 249cc sidevalve engine and the spark is generated by a high-tension magneto.