Terrot HS 1927 350 cc sidevalve frame#66067 engine # 54439.S
The four stroke machines that Terrot produced in the early twenties had 350 cc JAP engines and archaic horizontal spring front forks.
They were fitted with Terrot’s own 2-speed gearbox and chain-cum-belt transmission.
Two versions were sold of this model G, the Sport and Touriste. By 1925 it was time for a new model, and in the autumns the model H was introduced at the Paris Salon.
The first machines were still equipped with JAP engines and old type forks, but in the middle of November the modernized H appeared, with Terrot’s own engine, Druid forks and Pilgrim oil pump.
There were four versions: HT, HS, HSC and HTC.
T stood for Touriste, S for Sport and C for Confort, or luxury.
The T had a standard engine and upswept touring handlebars, the HS a stronger engine and flat handlebars.
The C type had 27×4 wired-on tyres, 140 mm wide mudguards and a steering damper The standard versions had 120 mm wide mudguards and 700×80 wired-on tyres.