Triumph 1910 3½ HP 500cc.
The first Triumph motorcycle appeared in 1902. It was equipped with a Belgian Minerva Engine.
In 1903 and 1904 JAP and Fafnir engines were employed and by 1905 Triumph’s own engine was in use.
Winning the Single Cylinder Class in the 1908 TT Races on the Isle of Man gave an enormous boost to sales of Triumph machines.
At the outbreak of The Great War in 1914 Triumph’s reputation for quality and reliability had been firmly established, no wonder the War Department ordered some 35.000 Triumph machines for war duties.
This 499cc 1910 model is in good condition and has a replica “Mabon” clutch on the crankshaft.
The rear wheel is driven by V belt, rear brake is of the block-in-pulley type.
Tyre size is 26 x 2½, ignition by the ultra-reliable Bosch magneto.