Circa 1920 Wanderer 616 cc V-twin
Wanderer motor cycles were manufactured in the German town of Chemnitz between 1902 and 1929.
The Wanderer company also built high-quality bicycles, typewriters, mechanical calculators and cars.
In the early twenties the firm employed more than 6000 labourers.
Wanderer motorcycles had an excellent reputation; they were sturdily built and their finish was first class.
Between 1914 and 1918 the German army used many Wanderers.
The company used both single cylinder and unit construction V-twin engines of their own manufacture.
In the twenties Wanderer was successful in racing, especially with their 8-valve OHV V-twin.
In 1929 the Czech manufacturer of arms Janecek bought the licence of the Wanderer design and started producing motorcycles under the JAWA ( Janecek and Wanderer) trademark.
This ca. 1920 machine has been in The Netherlands since new and is an older restoration.