Wanderer 1926 “Model G” 194 cc OHV single frame # 209089 engine # 57041
Wanderer motor cycles were manufactured in the German town of Chemnitz between 1902 and 1929.
The Wanderer Company also built high-quality bicycles, typewriters, mechanical calculators and cars.
In the early twenties, the firm employed more than 6000 labourers. Wanderer motorcycles had an excellent reputation; they were sturdily built and their finish was first class.
Between 1914 and 1918 the German army used many Wanderers.
The company used both single cylinder and unit construction V-twin engines of their own manufacture.
In the twenties Wanderer was successful in racing, especially with their 8-valve OHV V-twin.
In 1929 the Czech manufacturer of arms Janecek bought the licence of the Wanderer design and started producing motorcycles under the JAWA ( Janecek and Wanderer) trademark.
After the Great War, a 194cc four-stroke lightweight was added to the range.
This boasted overhead valves and unit construction of the horizontal engine/gearbox, and Wanderer continued to build a range of advanced designs until the end of the 1920s when motorcycle production ceased.
This interesting lightweight is an older restoration.