Zündapp 1936 KS 500 498 cc transverse twin OHV combination frame and engine #170052
The Zündapp story began in 1917.
The Nuremberg firm was founded by Dr. Fritz Neumeyer and Friedrich Krupp.
The early models were 211 and 246 cc two strokes that quickly earned a reputation for economy and reliability.
In 1930 the first four stroke model was brought out, powered by a British Rudge Python engine.
In 1933 it was announced that 100,000 Zundapps had been produced.
At the 1933 Berlin show the new K series ( K standing for Kardan or shaft drive ) was introduced.
The range was designed by the famous Richard and Xaver Kuchen and it consisted of two stroke and four stroke models which all had pressed steel frames and shaft drive.
The KS models had overhead valves and the KS 500 was produced from 1936 till 1938.
The engine produces 24 HP @ 5200 RPM. Sidecar is from E. Haller. This combination is in unrestored condition.