BMW 1951 R25 250cc OHV Steib combination.
With demand for cheap, reliable transport in post-war Europe on the increase, BMW’s single-cylinder range of motorcycles sold in unprecedented numbers, forging the Bavarian company’s reputation as a maker of high quality two-wheeled machines.
With Allied restrictions preventing BMW from making anything of greater capacity than 250cc, the R24/25 series of the late 1940s and early 1950s was hugely popular in the local market.
The single-cylinder R24 was essentially a pre-war design but when the R25 was released in 1950, it utilised a new welded tubular steel frame with sidecar mounts, along with plunger rear suspension and an improved engine.
The R25of 1951 was rated at 12 horsepower.
With interest in classic bikes growing all the time, the early post-war BMWs are an ideal choice for someone looking to do club runs on weekends.
This smart BMW R25 is equipped with the handsome Steib LS200 sidecar and is a, still well presented and good running older restoration.