BSA 1922 “Light Six” 6 HP 770 cc side valve V-twin frame # T 1833 engine # 1925
The Model E was BSA’s first V-twin, primarily intended as a sidecar machine.
It was introduced in 1920 and remained in production for about 3 years.
In 1922 a somewhat scaled up version was brought out, the 986 cc model F.
The 6 HP model got a lighter frame for model year 1922, hence the “Light Six”.
This model was eminently suited for fast solo or sidecar work.
The vintage BSA combo provided dependable, inexpensive transport for many thousands of families through many years of production.
The 76×85 engine has the cylinders set at a 50 degree angle.
The valves are interchangeable,with quickly adjustable tappets.
The constant loss lubrication system employs a mechanical pump with an emergency hand pump.
Primary and secondary transmission are by chain.
Both chains are enclosed in beautiful cast aluminium cases, with BSA’s own design of shock absorber on the engine shaft.
Wheels are quickly detachable.
Carburettor is AMAC, gearbox is BSA’s own three speed design.
This very practical vintage touring BSA comes complete with acetylene lighting, bulb horn and pillion seat and has been restored a number of years ago.