BSA 1924 model E 6 HP 770 cc V-twin frame # N 1201 engine # 3978
The Model E was BSA’s first V-twin, primarily intended as a sidecar machine.
It was introduced in 1920 and remained in production for about 3 years. In 1922 a somewhat scaled up version was brought out, the 986 cc model F.
The vintage BSA combo provided dependable, inexpensive transport for many thousands of families through many years of production.
The 76×85 engine has the cylinders set at a 50 degree angle.
The valves are interchangeable,with quickly adjustable tappets.
The constant loss lubrication system employs a mechanical pump with an emergency hand pump.
Primary and secondary tansmission is by chain.
Wheels are quickly detachable and interchangeable.
This 6HP 770cc V-Twin solo machine is an older restoration and will benefit from some cosmetic attention.