BSA 1925ca “G25” 986cc V-twin with commercial sidecar engine # G1308
BSA’s first V-twin was the Model A and it was primarily intended as a sidecar machine. It was introduced for the 1920 season and remained in production for about 3 years. A larger 986cc version debuted as the Model F in 1922 and would continue in production as the Model G, regularly revised and updated, until 1940.The 80×98 bore x stroke engine has the cylinders set at a 50 degree angle. The constant loss lubrication system employs a mechanical pump with oil control in the tank top panel. The wheels are quickly detachable and interchangeable and the gearbox is BSA’s own three speed design. The front brake is of the dummy rim type, the rear stopper is internal expanding. The sidecar lugs are integral with the frame and the machine has efficient wide mudguards. The G25 was available in several versions, the most expensive type having its chains totally enclosed in aluminium cases.
The machine we present here is an older restoration and has been part of a private BSA collection for quite some time. The commercial sidecar comes in unrestored, authentic condition and a complete acetylene lighting set is fitted.