1926 BSA “L 26” 349 cc SV frame # Z5824 engine# F 13385
In the second part of the nineteen twenties the motorcycle market was growing fast in Britain.
But rivalry between the factories was intense and the profits were modest.
The whole industry was fighting a price-cutting war that had been started by the incredibly cheap model P Triumph that cost just under 43 pounds when brought out in 1925.
But BSA stood firmly in the market and brought out an extensive range in 1926: no less than 15 solo models were listed, and 11 combinations.
The solo machines ranged from a 249 cc side valve single to the 986 cc “Colonial” V-twin model.
The 72x 85.5 bore and stroke L 26 was a popular model. It has a roller big end bearing, mechanical lubrication with hand pump for emergency use, BSA’s own 3 speed gearbox and dry plate clutch.
This BSA left the factory on july 14 1926 and was delivered to the Danish importer A Nielsen in Copenhagen.
The machine is an older restoration and it is equipped with footboards that were catalogued as “extra”