BSA 1930 S30 500cc 1 cyl sv 2807
BSA 1930 4.93 HP S 30 –7 side valve Sloper frame# XH9010 engine# XS2758
Presented in august 1926 for the 1927 season, the Sloper set the BSA company on the road to market domination and success.
It was brilliant designer Harold Briggs, brought in from the Daimler car company, who designed the machine around a sporty and reliable 493 cc ohv (80×98 ) engine which inclined forward in the frame.
Some typical car practice features Briggs used in his design were sump lubrication ( the crankcase was extended to form an oil reservoir holding 3 pints) and return springs within the pushrod tubes to keep the valve gear in constant touch with the cam profiles, giving exceptionally quiet operation.
The Sloper soon got a reputation as a sporting but quiet motorcycle, a real trendsetter.
Apart from the OHV models several side valve Slopers were marketed, ranging from 493cc to 595 cc capacity.
A new feature for 1930 was the forged steel backbone.
This matured restoration is fitted with Lucas electrics and comes with Dutch registration.