Campion 1913 4 HP 500 cc JAP side valve single frame# 48476 engine# 31355
The campion Cycle Co. was a well known bicycle manufacturer.
The factory was located at Robin Hood Street, Nottingham.
When they started motorcycle production, a variety of proprietary engines were used, such as Minerva, MMC, Fafnir, Precision, Villiers, Blackburne and JAP.
In the early twenties some 5 different models were made, from a 2 ½ HP lightweight single to a big 8 HP twin.
Production ended in 1926.
This sturdy veteran single has aluminium footboards, Brown & Barlow carburettor, Bosch magneto and a Sturmey Archer hub clutch.