Campion ca. 1913 8 HP (ca. 1000 cc) cc JAP side valve v-twin frame#RD 251 engine # M 59378.
Campion was a well known bicycle manufacturer at Nottingham.
When they started motorcycle production several makes of proprietary engines were used, such as Minerva, MMC, Fafnir, Precision, Villiers, Blackburne and JAP.
Campion also supplied frames to other companies. Motorcycle production ended in 1926.
This sturdy big twin is equipped with a Sturmey Archer 3 speed gearbox, a conversion which was probably already carried out in vintage days.
The magneto is an American Dixie, which was specified for many English machines in the war years when there was a real shortage of British built magnetos.
Primary and secondary transmission is by chain. Front forks are Druid.
This Campion comes with a very nice complete Miller acetylene lighting set and an extensive history file.
This Campion is a good runner, however will need a complete cosmetical restoration.