CM 1935 250cc OHV Sport engine # 5267
There were no less than 49 Bologna-based firms active in the post war period, in many cases ‘shooting stars’ soon destined to disappear.
Before the second world war there were among these Italian motorcycle constructions,
M.M. and C.M. which had a glorious history.
CM was a product of two famous riders and technicians Oreste Drusiani and Mario Cavedagna.
In 1930 the first CM motorcycle was a 175cc OHC.
Other models included 248cc, 348cc and 496cc OHC and also a 496cc OHV single.
CM built in the mid-thirties a very fast 348cc OHC racing machine which was very successfully raced by Guglielmo Sandri.
The sporty CM presented here consists of a 248cc OHV twin-port single with cast iron head and aluminium barrel.
The overhead valves are operated by pushrods and rockers.
This model is similar in classic design and accurate manufacturing to other C.M. motorcycles of the same period.
Outlined as a fast racing bike, this very vivid CM and well running bike appears to be ready to go.