Condor 1928 350 cc IOE MAG “ 311 Populaire ” frame# 56913 engine 1 C 14 K 6 no. 107696
Condor, based in Courfaivre, was together with Motosacoche the leading motorcycle manufacturer of Switzerland..
The company started making bicycles in 1893. Founders were Eduard and Jules Scheffer.
Responsible for the motorcycle side of the company was
Otto Fricker, who became the son in law of Eduard Scheffer.
Fricker produced his first motorcycle in 1901. Condor used a number of different engines: in the beginning mainly Zedel, Motosacoche and Moser and later also Villiers.
In the later twenties and early thirties Condor was a very active competitor in races and many successes were recorded.
After world war two Condor built mainly machines for the Swiss army; the 578 cc and later the 750 cc side valve transverse twin with shaft drive were well known machines.
This machine has been in The Netherlands from when it was new.
It has not been restored and still has its original paintwork.