Griffon 1906 2 ¾ HP 353 cc Zedel side valve frame # 22837 engine # 16632
Griffon is one of the oldest French makes: it was founded as a bicycle company and motorcycle production started in 1902.
The factory was situated in Courbevoi, Paris and for many years this make was in the foreground of French motorcycle manufacture.
In the nineteen twenties Griffon was taken over by the giant firm of Peugeot.
Note the place of the Bosch magneto, this high and dry magneto position was a typical Griffon construction detail for many years.
Bore and stroke of the Zedel engine are 75 x 80 mm.
The tank holds 5 litres of petrol and one litre of oil and the machine weighs a mere 55 kg.
Unsprung front forks are standard, at extra costs the buyer could opt for Simplex or Griffon spring forks.
This early veteran machine is in original and unrestored condition.