Indian 1923 PowerPlus 998 cc side valve V- twin engine# 70V352
The Indian PowerPlus engine was a design of Charles Gustafson, who had already earned fame as an engine designer at the Reading Standard company before he was approached by the Indian management.
His task was to design a powerful, robust, reliable and production friendly engine to replace the old F-head V-twin design of Oscar Hedstrom. The resulting 61” side valve PowerPlus introduced in 1916 was an immediate success and this model is still one of the most coveted American vintage motorcycles.
The machine on offer is a 1923 machine in racing trim, with low sports handlebars, Bosch magneto and a rigid rear frame.
This PP is unrestored but complete.