Motosacoche 1908 Ladies model 226cc 1 cyl aiv 2811
Motosacoche 1908 1 ½ HP “D2” Ladies’ Model 226 cc atmospheric inlet/mechanical exhaust
In 1899 the brothers Henri and Armand Dufaux from Geneva, Switzerland, designed a little four-stroke engine.
This compact unit could be bolted into the frame of any ordinary pushbike: The “Motosacoche” -which approximately means “engine-bag”- was born!
Very soon the quality and practical utility of the invention became known even far beyond the Swiss territory.
Gradually the engines became bigger and more powerful, twin cylinders were produced and the initial idea of a motorized pedal-bike was given up.
The factory built complete motorbikes under the “Motosacoche” label, but kept on selling M.A.G. (Motosacoche/ Acacias/ Genève)-engines to many well known manufacturers in France, England, Germany, Austria and Italy.
In France and Italy there were even factories producing Motosacoche motorcycles under licence.
This light and low built model was intended for Lady riders and is fitted with mileometer, bulb horn and two leather tool bags.
It’s an older restoration.