Raymo 1930 250cc Moser OHV frame # 2091 engine # 30 922
Soon after WW1 Mr. Noël Desmailles started a business in cycles and supplies at the Rue Teynière in Bourg en Bresse, Departement l`Ain, France.
He was already involved in bicycle fabrication and had a retail shop for motorcycles and sewing machines.
In 1922 his younger brother Léon joined the business.
In 1923 they presented a light motorcycle called “Raymo” which proved successful in several reliability trials. In 1926 Léon Desmailles moved into a factory at the Rue du Peloux in Bourg where he continued to construct bicycles but also took up the wholesale of cycle parts.
In 1928 the first “serious” RAYMO motorcycles left the factory.
They were exclusively 4-stroke machines powered by Moser 175 and 250cc, Voisin 350cc and Blackburne 350cc engines.
RAYMO motorcycles were equipped with proprietory parts such as Staub gear boxes, AYA front forks, Alpha servo brakes, Gurtner carbs and Terry saddles.
At the end of 1928 the flat fuel tank was replaced by a teardrop shaped saddle tank.
The “Courrier de l’Ain” noted an optimistic number of several hundred RAYMO motorcycles registered in the Departement l’Ain alone but it is more realistic that the total production of RAYMO motorcycles lay between 100 and 200 and only a handful have survived.
This strong running RAYMO is a well presented older restoration and is powered by the attractive 250cc OHV Moser engine with outside flywheel.
The machine comes complete with O.S. speedo and produces a mature and very healthy sound.