Rover 1917 “ Model 5/6 hp” 654 cc JAP sv V-twin frame # 44119 engine #WAR PRODUCT H53524
This model was announced in “The Motor Cycle” of April 5, 1917 as the first Rover with a twin engine, designed and built on a contract for the Russian Army.
It is equipped with a reliable JAP twin with bore and stroke dimensions of 70×85 mm, giving a cubic capacity of 654 cc.
The machine has all-chain drive with enclosed chains and a three speed countershaft gearbox.
The primary drive is by a Coventry silent chain, a chain with inverted teeth that runs on gearwheels.
The main drive has a novel feature, namely a Brampton patent spring link chain, which is running in an oil bath casing.
The idea behind the sprung links is that they replace the usual engine shock absorber because they absorb the engine snatch in the chain.
This machine comes complete with acetylene lighting system, leather spare inner tube carrier and bulb horn.
It has been well restored.