Wanderer 1916 504 cc 4PS “ Heeres-Modell” V-twin side valve frame# 287998 engine # 19376 H
Wanderer motor cycles were manufactured in the German town of Chemnitz between 1902 and 1929.
The Wanderer company also built high-quality bicycles, typewriters, mechanical calculators and cars.
In the early twenties the firm employed more than 6000 labourers.
Wanderer motorcycles had an excellent reputation; they were sturdily built and their finish was first class.
The company used both single cylinder and unit construction V-twin engines of their own manufacture.
Between 1914 and 1918 the German army used many Wanderers, they were designated as “Heeres-Modell” or “army model”.
This 1916 army machine with bore and stroke dimensions of 65×76 mm has both front and rear suspension and two speed hub gear with free engine position.
There were two models available, one with footrests and pedalling chain and a type with footboards that is fitted with a kick-starter coupled to the rear hub.
The machine we present here has the practical kick-starter and is a true barn find.
She has been fitted with Bosch magneto and Hessia acetylene lamp.
The heat shield and exhaust were missing and have been remanufactured.
With the machine come some extra parts: a mudguard stay, two toolboxes and a carburettor.